PART-TIME – CENTRE ADMINISTRATOR
Employer Cushendun Building Preservation Trust (CBPT)
Post Title Centre Administrator
Responsible to Line Manager/CBPT Board of Director/Trustees
Post Location Cushendun Old Church Centre ,Cushendun , Co. Antrim
Period of Employment 12 hours a week for two years
Salary £10.00 per hour
Hours of work 12 hours per week (excluding breaks) over 2-3 days with a minimum of one Saturday per month (Hours may vary each week depending on the needs of the centre). The post-holder may be expected to adapt their working pattern as the operational needs of the Old Church Centre (OCC) emerge.
The Old Church Centre
Cushendun Building Preservation Trust (CBPT) restored and converted the former Church of Ireland Church in Cushendun to create a heritage, art and community centre, a vibrant hub at the heart of village life. The Old Church Centre commits to promoting access to heritage. It will be open to the public for a minimum of 14 hours per week throughout the year as a visitor information point. The Old Church Centre will run a programme of activities such as concerts, exhibitions, community events and classes. The centre will be available to voluntary/community groups and for commercial hire.
Main Purpose of the Job
CBPT is looking for an administrator to handle the day-to-day tasks in our office. The administrator will support the CBPT committee in growing and maintaining a sustainable programme of commercial, community, arts and heritage use.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Check incoming emails regularly – respond where appropriate or forward to the specified team member
- Open post, alert appropriate team member scan, forward and file
- Respond to phone calls and voicemails
- Maintain the OCC diary of meetings, bookings, classes, inspection deadlines, expiring licences, volunteer rota and liaise with the caretaker/Line Manager when necessary.
- Send out meeting reminders (Zoom links), agendas and minutes.
- Initial response to booking enquiries consulting with the Board/Project Development Officer as required. Send out the booking forms and hire terms and conditions.
- Prepare and issue outbound invoices.
- Prepare the venue for events including classes etc liaising with the Board and Caretaker where necessary.
- Meet and greet visitors to the Centre.
- Collect and collate volunteer timesheets
- Enter monitoring and evaluation data onto the system (spreadsheet).
- Update our website and social media accounts.
- Record petty cash transactions following the CBPT Policy.
- Maintain merchandise stocks and sales record.
- Maintain policy library and alert the Board when they are due for updates.
- Work following current GDPR and confidentially treat all CBPT information.
- Any other reasonable duties deemed necessary by the Line Manager.
- Have a minimum of two GCSE/O Levels (including Maths and English) grades A to C or a minimum of 2 years of office experience.
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft Office applications including the use of spreadsheets
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, proven communication skills and be articulate in promoting the Old Church Centre to a range of different stakeholders
- Be competent with basic website management and understanding of communication platforms such as, but not exclusive to, Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Know community/voluntary organisations within the Causeway Coast and Glens Area
- Be experienced in working with a team of volunteers
- Have an understanding of the use of social media as a marketing and business tool
- Know Google Docs applications
Skills and Attributes
- Have proven organisational ability
- Possesses excellent verbal and written skills
- Appreciate Health and Safety issues
- Be committed to equal opportunities in all work practices
CBPT is an equal opportunities organisation and does not discriminate on the grounds of religion, age, race, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
Please forward a completed copy of the application form, to firstname.lastname@example.org writing ‘Project Administrator Application’ in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is Friday 2 April at 4 pm. Applications will be reviewed on this date so posted applications must be received by then.