PART TIME – CENTRE ADMINISTRATOR
Employer Cushendun Building Preservation Trust (CBPT)
Post Title Centre Administrator
Post Location Cushendun Old Church Centre ,Cushendun , Co. Antrim
Period of Employment 16 hours a week for period of two years
Salary £12.24 per hour (NJC scale 6(26) April 2018)
Hours of work 16 hours per week (excluding breaks) over 3-4 days with a minimum 1 one Saturday per month (Hours may vary each week depending on the needs of the centre). The post-holder will be expected to adapt their working pattern as the operational needs of the Old Church Centre emerge.
The Old Church Centre
Cushendun Building Preservation Trust (CBPT) was awarded funding to restore and convert the former Church of Ireland Church in Cushendun to create a heritage, art and community centre, a vibrant hub at the heart of village life. The Old Church Centre has a commitment to promote access to heritage. It will be open to the public for a minimum of 14 hours per week throughout the year as a visitor information point. The Old Church Centre will run a programme of activities such as concerts, exhibitions, community events and classes. The centre and will be available to voluntary/community groups and for commercial hire.
Main Purpose of the Job
CBPT are looking for an experienced administrator to manage the centre on a day to day basis. The administrator will support the CBPT committee in growing and maintaining a sustainable programme of commercial, community, arts and heritage use.
Major duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day running of the Old Church Centre
- Answer phone calls, direct calls appropriately and take messages
- Deal with incoming and outgoing mail (including email)
- Produce promotional material including the CBPT E-Bulletin
- Maintain and update website
- Respond to booking enquiries and manage bookings calendar
- Maintain volunteer rota
- Promote of venue and events
- Carry out ongoing evaluation of projects and activities
- Carry out basic bookkeeping
- Support the committee in fundraising, marketing, event management etc
- Develop and maintain online and paper filing systems consistent with the needs of a small office environment.
- Undertake the management of administrative correspondence with funders.
- Undertake the administrative aspects of CBPT Board meetings.
- Submit returns to relevant bodies.
- Undertake any other work appropriate with the evolving objectives of the post as may reasonably be requested.
- Have minimum of two A Levels grades (A to D) or minimum 3 years office management experience
- Have GCSE/O’ Level English and Mathematics grades A to C
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft Office applications including the use of spreadsheets
- Have experience in the organisation of heritage and/or arts events & projects
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, proven communication skills and be articulate in promoting the Old Church Centre to a range of different stakeholders
- Have a knowledge of community/voluntary organisations within the Causeway Coast and Glens Area
- Be experienced of working with a team of volunteers
- Demonstrate experience in securing grant aid
- Have an understanding of the use of social media as a marketing and business tool
- Have knowledge of Google Docs applications
- Be conversant with basic website management and understanding of communication platforms such as mailchimp
Skills and Attributes
- Have proven organisational ability
- Possesses excellent verbal and written skills
- Appreciate Health and Safety issues
- Be committed to equal opportunities in all work practices
CBPT is an equal opportunities organisation and does not discriminate on the grounds of religion, age, race, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
Please forward a completed copy of the application form, to email@example.com writing ‘Project Administrator Application’ in the subject line. Please include a cover letter with your application and in no more than 100 words outline why you think you are suitable for the position.
Deadline for applications is Friday 1 March 2019 at 4pm. Applications will be reviewed on this date so posted applications must be received by then.
The Chair, 136 Layde Road, Knocknacarry BT44 0NJ | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.cushendunbpt.org Registered Company NI066318 | Charity recognised by HM Revenue and Customs in Northern Ireland XR96738